What information we may collect?
When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if when you place an order, your credit or debit card details. All this information is necessary to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order.
We will store this data (except for your credit card details) to process your order and fulfil our agreement with you and to provide you with the best possible service. Our site uses secure server software to protect your information whenever you place an order or access your account information. This software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us to minimise the risk of this being intercepted before it is received by us. We also follow a tight security procedure as required under UK Data Protection Legislation (the Data Protection Act 1998) to protect the information that we store about you from unauthorised access.
We keep a record of:
- Your purchases - This means we can send you the most relevant offers. We can also deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
- Any e-mail correspondence you send us - This helps us keep track any problems or concerns you have had with our products or services.
How we use your Personal Data
If you agree to us using your personal information we will then use your data in the following ways:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Assessment and analysis (ie. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer. We may inform you by e-mail, mail or otherwise about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the opt-out box provided when registering or contact [email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
- Letting you know about offers from other companies, but only with your permission.
- Assessing your request for delivery of goods and services from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Equifax and credit reference agencies. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
There are only five circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Barclays Merchant Services in UK and Payment Tech in USA), fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- We do occasionally make names and addresses (but never email addresses) available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have told us not to. If you do not wish to receive such offers please tick the opt-out box provided when registering with us.
Brissi London Ltd reserves the right to disclose information about you as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, and as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of Brissi London Ltd its affiliates, and others.
Protecting your credit card and order information is very important to us.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online order information as it is transmitted over the Internet. SSL is the gold standard in Internet encryption technology, which means it is a highly sophisticated method of scrambling data as it travels from your computer to our website servers. Your browser should show an icon to indicate that it has made a secure connection.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites.
Our cookies do not contain any personal information about you and are used only to determine your browser and user preferences for our site. This helps us to provide you with the best service and to make it easier when you shop. You can, if you prefer, set up your internet browser to not accept cookies. You should still be able to use our site without having cookies enabled.
Cookies allow us to provide you with customised information from our website. A cookie operates like an internet user's identification card, which tells a website when the user has returned.
Cookies only contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a web site to allow a visitor to fill up a shopping bag or to remember the user's preferences or registration details for a future visit.
Cookies are placed by online behavioural advertising networks with our permission. They monitor and record your activity across a number of websites within a network and are used to deliver adverts (both on this website and elsewhere) which are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
Cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information (together with the other information collected) is shared with other organisations such as advertisers in the advertising network to enable them to create a profile of your interests. Quite often targeting cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
In accordance with The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, we are to inform users if cookies are being used and to provide some information on how cookies are used. Further information on this subject is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Users have the option to set their computers to reject cookies and the way to do this is explained on www.aboutcookies.org . If you turn off cookies though, we will not be able to track your order to enable you to purchase from our site. Nor will we be able to recognize you as a registered user, which allows you to access your account information.